TMU Men’s Soccer Team Cleared To Play After The Close of Investigation Into ‘Serious’ Behaviour
After a pall has hung over the Men’s Soccer program at Toronto Metropolitan University for most of the season, the university’s men’s soccer team has been cleared to proceed after an investigation was conducted into what the school described as “serious and concerning behavior.”
TMU said in a statement emailed to The Canadian Press that it considers the matter closed based on the findings of the third-party investigation.
TMU suspended its men’s squad in early September after it received a report about the unspecified conduct, launching an investigation after a report about unspecified “serious and concerning behavior.”
At the time, the school said that the men’s soccer team would be sidelined until “further notice” and it did ultimately forfeit two games at the start of its season, before returning for their home opener Sept. 9 against Nipissing.
The statement issued Tuesday, the school stated it “retained a third party to conduct a thorough and independent investigation” after it received a “concerning” report about the team earlier this year. The statement does not specify the third party that conducted the investigation.
“The investigation has been completed and the results shared with the university. Based on the findings, the men’s soccer season will proceed as scheduled,” the statement reads.
“The university considers this matter resolved. In order to protect privacy and confidentiality of all those involved, the university will not be providing further comment or releasing details of the independent investigation.”
The Men’s Bold team currently is sitting 3rd in the OUA East Standings with a 6-3 record, with a pivotal tilt this weekend at Carleton University, whom is looking to clinch the OUA East Division title.
2023 OUA Men’s Soccer Standings